Challenge Winning cards

Monday, May 21, 2018

Sunshine Style 30th

Oh my - where has the last week gone!!

A quick post tonight to share a card I've made for a friend's 30th birthday...




It's for a man but I wanted something bright and cheerful - most of my male cards are navy or brown.

I teamed up various scraps of mustard and black and white patterned papers from my stash and created a hand-cut  a sunshine effect behind the number - time-consuming rather than difficult!

This is such a fab way to use up those small scraps of patterned paper we all keep.

Everything else was die-cut which helped!

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

Always Fun Challenge #59 - anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #82 - anything goes
Pixie's Snippets Playground #326 - anything goes
Allsorts Challenge #468 - Happy Birthday
Seize The Birthday - just a number
Crafting From The Heart #207 - anything goes


Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x


6 comments:

  1. A great choice of contrasting colours and patters to create a really eye catching card. It's lovely to see you at our 9th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific age specific card, Sharon! You did a terrific job piecing the background, and I love the mix of patterns. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like my cat snuck onto your blog :-)
    Loving your card, such a great design with the paper strips and it's perfect for our challenge at Allsorts!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us this week and helping us celebrate our 9th birthday!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great card - wonderful colours and super use of snippets of course!

    I'm sure this is your first visit to the Snippets Playground! I do need a comment saying if you're playing for the prize (mostly 'cos in the past I had to do redraws when folk were just playing for fun and I didn't know that).

    And I see you're from Sunderland! I'm a Northumbrian and still miss the area and the people very much.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Card ... Thanxx For Sharing With Us At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.
    Sherry Lynn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card! Love the number birthday and the awesome use of starburst with patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete