Challenge Winning cards

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Spotlight Stamping

Today's card is a totally new technique for me - spotlight stamping. My card making has got into a rut and i need to try new scary things!

I don't do the inky kind of stamping very often - I much prefer the control you have using digital images. The flower border image I have used is from Digistamp Boutique.

I printed the image twice on an A4 sheet of card, then trimmed folded one of the images to make a one-layer base card. This was left uncoloured.

I cut a circle out of the other image which was coloured using pro-markers and mounted with foam pads over the same part of the uncoloured image. The greeting is a peel-off, coloured with a black pro-marker.




This is a technique I need to play with a bit more - the card looks much better in real life but overall it's just a touch boring. With the right image this technique looks amazing but I guess this isn't the right kind of image?

C'est la vie!

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

The Flower Challenge #16 - spotlight stamping
Allsorts Challenge #450 - no patterned papers
AAA Cards #106 - quote inspiration (below)




Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x


9 comments:

  1. I think you underestimate it. The card looks wonderful, put it somewhere you can see it and let it grow on you. I love how you have done it, its CAS and perfect. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an eye catching card, just as it is supposed to be!! I love the bright colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're bring overly critical, I think it looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful row of simple flowers made even more special by the spotlight colouring. Thanks for joining in with the current AAA Cards Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, spotlight colouring adds so much to the design. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet image of this little flowers, the highlight on them looks beautiful.
    Thank you for playing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty spotlighting. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete