Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Little Black Dress

Today's card is an order for a friend at work who requested something girly with cocktails. I did think of using my favourite Stampin Bella - Victoria and Juliette's night out, but after searching my digis I found the wonderful Party Rach from Digistamp Boutique...




I've 'dressed' her in a little black cocktail dress using Promarkers and used glittery patterned papers from a pad from The Range.

The greeting was done in hobo font and I've added a couple of die-cut mini leaf flourishes and some pink flat-backed pearls as embellishments. Finally I created a blingy necklace using a sparkly gem.

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

 I ♥ ProMarkers #345 - birthday
Seize The Birthday - anything goes
Passion for Promarkers #417 - anything goes 
Craft Rocket Challenge #42 - birthday/pretty pinks
As You Like It Challenge - people or animals - always people. I struggle colouring 'fur' and making it look real. There's so much more variety with people, deciding what colour their outfit and hair should be and I often try to make the image look like the person it is intended for. But I don't like images with big eyes and heads - a big no no!!.

Thanks for reading my waffle!

Sharon
x

8 comments:

  1. An elegant card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely elegant card - perfect for cocktails!

    Thanks for playing along at I Love Promarkers,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avery classy card and thanks for sharing at Passion for promarkers and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, elegant card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect girly card! Thank you for joining in at PFP
    Natxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sharon. I love the fab image and your colouring is perfect. The papers and layout are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Please come back at 9am Tuesday for our brand new challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, love the patterned papers you teamed with it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very elegant 'grown-up' card! I love the feminine image in her little black dress, and the rhinestone necklace. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete