Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Deco Lady in Blue

Today's card is a further attempt to use up my ridiculous pile of stash - I've used a Crafts U Print freebie that came with a magazine. It's not my usual style of card but the colour and image really caught my eye.



I do love blue - unfortunately it isn't the most popular colour to use in card making. I've layered this decoupaged image using foam pads then added a little personal touch - some coloured art deco style peel-offs. I've also added a little bling on the head-dress with some tiny pearls coloured blue with a pro-marker. The image is mounted on some blue marble effect patterned paper and the greeting came with the decoupage sheet.

I'm currently making a mixture of cards for an older lady and I'm sure this is ideal.

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

Crafty Creations #345 - anything goes
Paperminutes #495 - women 
Watercooler Wednesdays #127 - all about birthdays
Penny's Paper-crafty Challenge #337 - anything goes
Always Fun Challenge #14 - anything goes

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

9 comments:

  1. I just love it the colour is so eye catching.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, what a lovely way to use that image. I love the layering and, of course, all those beautiful shades of blue. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sharon, love your choice of blue, I adore it especially in babies cards, I find it hard making pink cards. Love all your added bling very elegant card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie PPCC~DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! Thank you for joining us over Penny's Challenges.
    Mary (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card, just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful image and it stands out so well on the background. Love that you used all blue. Terrific! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very evocative of a bygone era - such a pretty card - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely deco design! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a unique card! Thank you for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete