Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Butterfly Dress

Today's card is not my usual style. I bought a pack of black and white 'Butterflies and Lace' die-cut toppers by Lelli-Bot from a craft fair because I thought it would be useful to make some cards for 'older ladies' such as Grandmas. The set contained 8 toppers and co-ordinating papers - it was such good value I couldn't leave it on the shelves! (my excuse for a lot of my crafty purchases).


To add a bit of colour, I coloured the lady's frock and the backing papers with a gold pro-marker. I could have probably added a bit more in the way of embellishments - flowers etc - but I thought the papers were so busy I'd keep the images simple with a handful of yellow gems to decorate.

I'm not feeling any love for this card - I don't think the mixture of a CAS layout and the busy papers works... or maybe it's just too yellow!

Never mind - I enjoyed making it! I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

Aud Sentiments Challenge - Use a Birthday Sentiment
Creative Knockouts - Birthday Wishes
The Paper Shelter - Birthday Wishes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking

Sharon
x

6 comments:

  1. Great card and lovely design. These kits do make super cards. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and hope to see you back with us soon. Good luck on your DT request. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card love the colours .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, great image and colours, thanks for playing along at The Paper Shelter challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely - gorgeous colours and layout - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colors. I like her butterfly gown! Thanks playing at Creative Knockouts.

    ReplyDelete