Challenge Winning cards

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Emily's 18th

Today's card uses one of my favourite techniques - paper piecing. Many people are surprised about this because I don't do stamping - all my cards are made with digis which I find more versatile.

This particular image from the Digistamp Boutique (my mother ship!) is a very well used digi - it's wonderful for girly birthday cards...



I've used some hounds tooth check patterned paper I've had for more years than I care to remember for both the backing and the paper-pieced frock. The rest of her is coloured with pro markers and I've added some clear gems as 'diamond earrings'. Simple but effective.

If anyone is interested I paper-piece the image by printing it onto some cheap copier paper first then stick patterned paper over the image and print again. Then it's just a matter of carefully cutting out the pieces you want to use. 

I've entered this into the challenges at:

Creative Moments - Girly
Shopping our Stash - Paper-piecing
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Birthdays
Pile It On - Feminine

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

6 comments:

  1. Such a fab card, love how you paper pieced the image, and your clean design, thank you for playing at Creative Moments, hope to see you again soon
    {Creative Moments Owner}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the paper piecing! Such a cute image and I love the colours and papers you've used! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very striking design. Cute image and I love the paper piecing! A great 18th birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Ladybugs Crafts Ink.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great take on paperpiecing, and such a FAB 18th birthday card design! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fantastic! I haven't paper pieced with digis in ages, and it's really not SO hard - I should do it again. Thanks so much for coming to play at Shopping our Stash with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and fun! The paper-pieced dress really makes the image pop! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Creative Moments! We hope to see you again soon!

    Lisa - Creative Moments DT

    ReplyDelete