Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Sparkling Tree

I was going to post this first thing this morning but I just couldn't get a decent photo - I had to wait until I was at work to get some decent light! As you can see out of my office window we have had snow which doesn't help with the strange light it produces.



I'm now a bit fed up of Christmas cards but that's probably because I've made nearly a hundred! As you can see by the layout of this one my mojo has nearly gone! All my inspiration came from the photo on the current challenge at Crafty Cardmakers:



The clean and simple style also suits this week's challenge at CASology - use 'sparkle' as your inspiration. In the right light the gems and the mirri card are totally sparkle-tastic!

Another of my fave challenges - Moving Along With The Times also has 'clean and simple' as this week's theme so I've entered it in that aswell.

The tree is a glittery peeloff and I've covered it in turquoise gem 'baubles'. The matting is some lovely shiny mirri paper I found in my local tat shop. Corrugated silver card and a matching turquoise ribbon finishes off.

Thanks for looking...

Sharon 
x


8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card. I love all the gems on the tree. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sparkly - a wonderful interpretation of your inspiration and perfect for the Cue Card this week! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you have lost your mojo at all. Love this card. Beautifull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab card for the challenge! love that sparkly tree! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, great use of the inspiration. Thanks for playing along with Crafty cardmakers this week.

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very creative card, the peel off with the added sparkles is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that shiny mirri card and all the gems are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete