Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blue and Green Birds and Butterflies

While flicking through various card challenges last night I came across a gorgeous colour challenge at ColourQ...


I love the pale lime green colour and couldn't wait to have a go. I knocked together a digi picture in Microsoft Publisher using a bird scene by Birdie Brown and the same butterfly I used last week by Anji which was then coloured using promarkers (Powder Blue, Cornflower, Indigo Blue, Meadow Green). I also decoupaged the butterfly, flower heads and birds' wings to add dimension.


The image was then matted on to navy and pale green paper, and I added a swiss dot embossed background, which was also matted. I finished off with a couple of card candi pieces coloured again with a promarker.

I have also entered this card into the challenge this week at Digital Tuesday where they want to see a card with a butterfly on it.

7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I love those little birdy images. They're colored so beautifully! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! What a lovely little scene you created, beautiful colouring. :)
    Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird image is adorable! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card - totally love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is just absolutely darling! LOVE your little birds--fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, love how you used the colors with these little birds! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! Love the image and your card is so crisp and fresh looking.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete