Challenge Winning cards

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Where has this year gone to?? I can't believe it's the middle of November and I am up to my eyes in glitter and snowflakes making Christmas cards...

Here's a couple of age birthday cards I made recently as an escape from all thing festive...


This first card was a commision from a work colleague who wanted something pink and girly. I love the combination of pink and black polka dots and the gosgrain ribbon finishes the card off nicely. As with all 'age' cards I use Word Art to make the number templates and then trace on to patterned paper. The paper was a freebie with a magazine - I always keep stuff that comes free with mags - you never know when it'll come in handy.

Same method used here but with a bigger number. The stripy paper is from a baby girl scrapbooking set I got from Poundland a couple of years ago - proof that crafting needn't cost a fortune. I'm not totally satisfied with this card - it seems very 'flat'. I've tried to lift it with some doodled stitches around the number but this isn't one of my favourite cards - hopefully the recipient won't be too bothered!

1 comment:

  1. These cards are lovely - I love simple ones like this!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete